Monday, August 18, 2008

Tantrums...Luv Um? Hate Um?

Well, I LOVE them. (Of course not at all, but just for conversations' sake),I find it gives me some personal time to sit down for a change(in the other room). Especially when we're in the "red zone", and there's no point of return. There is no other solution I can possibly come up with (and working with children of ALL types for my entire adulthood has given me no imagination with this) except to simply walk away. I keep calm just fine if I can detach myself physically and mentally. Preston has more of a do-something-about-it mentality. I think it is just being a man, and feeling as though there should be a solution for everything, and definitely a solution that he can bring forth. Well, my solution is to dust my hands of the unsolvable mess, relax, and ride out the storm...now days, these storms are a good 20-30 minutes at best, and about, oh, a bajillian times a day. Well, I may be exaggerating a tad. She's only 20 months old. How hard can this really be?

3 comments:

Deb said...

Fun times!! Catelyn has her occasional little tantrum, and I always look at Will when she does, with one of those "what are we in for in the future" looks. If you come up with any good solutions please pass them on. In the mean time, good luck!

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Colorado Carrs said...

oh how hard could it be!!! Rylie's tanturms are the worst!! I 'll be thinking of ya! haha