Saturday, September 13, 2008

One Man's Box...


Well, one man's discarded 60' LCD flat screen TV box is another toddler's DREAM CASTLE!...ssssscore! I stalked this HUGE box outside our door for hours Thursday night hoping to catch the lucky owner of this new TV and ask him if I could take his trash into my home. He never came by, so my friend Robin (my hip downtown buisness owner/interior designer friend)helped me tug it in. Robin, I know cause she told me, thought I was a little dilusional about my visons of grandure. But NOW she understands, and is bowing down at my decorative talents. Actually, the castle was so much fun to make, and I've always wanted to do this. Preston helped paint it, and Amelia is helping to decorate the interior with crayon scribbles. It is obviously for HER to play with, but P and I have had too much fun with it. It is a perfect hidding spot, and p is thinking about making it into his new recording studio. Really, it's not as big as I'm making it sound (we may need to add on later with a sun room or layer out back). It does take up a good amount of space, so it will have to go at some point, but it is something different and fun for now.

5 comments:

Su said...

Oh my word! That is the fanciest, coolest TV box I've ever seen! Get ready for Markham, Caroline, Logan, and Callie to take it over in a few weeks. Any chance any more neighbors are getting TVs and you'll want to decorate one for Mimi's house?! :)

Su said...

PS - I'm so excited to see y'all. We have so much catching up to do! Go ahead and prep Preston...you'll be out laaaaaate one night! :)

Deb said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEE it!!!!! So creative! I'm totally impressed! What a super fun thing for her to play in, and how fun that she can color her own designs on the inside. Way to go Juls!!

The Burgess Family said...

AWESOME! That is so fun. You did a great job painting it. I'm going to start driving around the neighborhood to look for boxes. Great creative mind you have.

The Colorado Carrs said...

Oh my word!!!! Rylie would LOVE that!