Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Parade


Amelia and I got to be in the neighborhood parade on Saturday morning. She peddled the whole way (bloated with pride), of course with her dear friend Katie pushing most of the weight. We had so much fun. i feel like it was a good mother-daughter day for us. Preston was away in Greensboro, NC at a gig and so we had a great opportunity to spend some real QT together. We've certainly had some ups and downs during her "T2s", but things always seem to even out. And every parent needs a good day every once in a while with their little one where there are no melt-downs, no screaming fits, lots of "OK Mommy"'s, and "Yes Mam"'s...and one fabulous parade (with cookies and lemonade to follow).
I love my little girl.



3 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

She is sooo stinkin cute!! We need a bike like that.

Deb said...

So fun!! I love her pigtales!! What cute pictures. I'm so glad ya'll had such a good day.

preston said...

I love my family!!!