Saturday, March 24, 2007

Amelia is 3 Months!

We are all doing pretty well here. the challenges of being a first time parent are changing often. One week, I feel as though I am doing a supurb job as a mom. Somedays, I know what is best for this complicated and emotional little person before me. Then there are days, like this week, for instance, that I feel that I should have been doing something different all along. I suppose this is all just about becoming a parent, and being so responsible for this little life. All this aside...I LOVE IT! I love being a mom, and knowing that Preston and I will make all the decisions for her well being. I love holding her, reading to her, and talking to her as if she can understand every word I speak. Preston is such a natural dad. It is awesome seeing him with her, it almost brings me to tears. One last thought... several years back, I thought that I would never deserve the role as parent. I was determined that I would hate being a mom, and that, if I ever recieved the chance, I would ultimately fail at raising happy and loving children. Three months ago, God told me otherwise. Amelia is a true blessing, and I will never forget the joy we shared on the day we became a mom and dad.

No comments: