Monday, June 11, 2007

Disney World

Blair, Jena and myself at the 25th Annual Child Life Conference


Magic Kingdom




'It's a Small World' at Magic Kingdom







It's good to be home again!!

For the past 5 days, I have been in sunny Orlando, FL at one of the Disney resorts for an annual conference for work. I went with two other co-workers. We had tons of fun, and the conference sessions, which ran from Thursday until Sunday, where very good. I always feel rejuvenated and refreshed after these conferences, especially when it's at Disney World! On Saturday, at about 4:00, we had a chance to go explore Disney. It was such a blast! I was fortunate enough to go a few times as a child, and I have such amazing memories of those trips. I rode my first roller coaster ride there, Space Mountain, with my Dad. Unfortunately, I was quite traumatized by the experience, and learned the hard way that I did not like roller coasters. On the upside, I did find a ride that perfectly suited my comfort level...'It's a Small World'. And what better way to relive those memories than to experience both of those rides again! One of the girls did not like roller coasters, but thankfully, the other did. The three of us had a grand time, and took lots of pictures. I hope someday I will have the chance to take my own kids there...but never in that hot weather! It was hot hot hot, and very packed with families (I've never seen so many children on leashes).
































No comments: